Central Intake Center (CIC)
- The CIC is the single location for filing all new and subsequent pleadings in cases involving divorce, legal separation, annulment, child custody, adoption, paternity, child support, juvenile delinquency, neglect, and proceedings related to the commitment of the mentally ill and persons with intellectual disabilities.
- Filings are only accepted at the Central Intake Center, Rm. JM-540, located on the JM Level. All fees are due at time of filing.
- The Family Court Self Help Center is a free walk-in service that provides general legal information in a variety of family law matters as well as assist in giving direction on completing appropriate filings.
- Emergency filings cannot be accepted by the Central Intake Center after 4:00 p.m. to ensure that a judicial officer is available to hear the case.
Child Support ClearinghouseSubmit child support payments to:
- DC Child Support Clearinghouse
- P. O. Box 37715
- Washington, D. C. 20013-7715
- Payments must include: Full Name, Case Number and Social Security Number.
Filing Fees and Payment Options
- $80.00 for Legal Separation, Divorce, Annulment, Child Custody, Petition for Paternity and Child Support (Private), Writ Habeas Corpus, Mentally Ill (Private), Intellectually Disabled(Private), Foreign Judgment and Adoption (Private).
- $5.00 for Certified True Copy
- $20.00 for Writ Facias
- $20.00 for Triple Seal Certification
- $100.00 for Notice of Appeal
- $80.00 for Intervening Action
- $20.00 for Counter Claim for Divorce or Custody
- $20.00 for Motion
- $35.00 for Motion to Reinstate
- $10.00 for Alias Summons/Writ
- $20.00 for Writ of Attachment
- $10.00 for Habeas Corpus Writ
- $10.00 for Writ of Ne Exeat
- $1.00 for Oaths/Affidavits
- $0.50 for copying (per page)
- $10.00 for Foreign Subpoena
- No personal checks or credit cards for the general public. Cash or Money Orders Only (Payable to: The Clerk of the Court)