Supervised Visitation Center
- The Supervised Visitation Center is for parents who are allowed to see their children only if another adult is present. If a parent is allowed only supervised visitation with their child, the Superior Court has a Supervised Visitation Center where those parents can visit with their children under the supervision of trained staff.
The center has four primary objectives:
- To provide a neutral location for visits between children and non-custodial parents
- To serve as a site for exchanges of children
- To protect the safety of children and the custodial parents
- To preserve the visitation rights of non-custodial parents
How do I get supervised visitation in a CPO case?
- Parties may request supervised visitation through their CPO, Family Court order, or a referral from another organization.
How do I get supervised visitation in a Family Court matter?
- To get supervised visitation an individual may file a Complaint for Custody and/or Access to Children in the Family Court Central Intake Center.
First, schedule an interview
- To file a Complaint for Custody and/or Access to Children visit the Court’s Central Intake Center:
To get a protection order...To get a protection order, or ask to have it enforced, visit one of the Court’s two Domestic Violence Intake Centers:
Moultrie Courthouse500 Indiana Avenue, NW, Room JM-540
United Medical Center1328 Southern Avenue, SE, Medical Pavillion Suite 311
- Program Coordinator: 202-879-0482 (Available Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm)
Supervised Visitation Center: 202-879-4253
- SVC Hours: Wednesday – Friday 3:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday – 9:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday – 12:00pm – 5:00pm