Family Court Self-Help Center
- The Family Court Self-Help Center is a free walk-in service that provides unrepresented people with general legal information in a variety of family law matters (such as divorce, custody, visitation, child support). The Center is located in room JM-570.
We can help...
- Provide you with information about D.C. family law matters
- Inform you of your legal rights and obligations
- Describe your legal options
- Help you determine which forms are most appropriate for you and how to complete them
- Explain how to navigate the court process, and what to expect in court
- Refer you to other helpful clinics and programs
Hours of operation...
- The Center’s hours of operation are from 8:00 am – 5:30 pm. Please arrive by 5:00 pm to be seen that day.
Note:If the family law matter is too complex or otherwise inappropriate for the Center, we will try to refer you to a legal or social service provider for assistance.