Family Court Self-Help Center
- The Family Court Self-Help Center is a free walk-in service that provides unrepresented people with general legal information in a variety of family law matters (such as divorce, custody, visitation, child support).
The Self-Help Center staff can:
- Provide you with information about D.C. family law matters
- Inform you of your legal rights and obligations
- Describe your legal options
- Help you determine which forms are most appropriate for you and how to complete them
- Explain how to navigate the court process, and what to expect in court
- Refer you to other helpful clinics and programs
Family Court Self-Help Center 2
- If the family law matter is too complex or otherwise inappropriate for the Center, we will try to refer you to a legal or social service provider who can help you.
Family Court Self-Help Center 2a
Note:We cannot provide legal advice, take sides in any case, or represent anyone in court.
Family Court Self-Help (Hours and Contact)
Hours of OperationMondays-Fridays: 8:00a.m.-5:30 p.m.
No new intakes accepted after 5:00 p.m.
500 Indiana Avenue, NW, JM-570
Washington, D.C. 20001
Main ContactsGeneral Information
John King, Esq.