Intake Offices One and TwoPublic Safety, Assessments, and Referrals
- The FCSSD’s Intake Services Offices are located at the Youth Services Center on 1000 Mount Olivet Road, NE, and the Moultrie Courthouse at 500 Indiana Avenue, NW. Staff at these offices receive complaints from the police, screen cases, communicate with the Office of the DC Attorney General and the defense attorney representing the juvenile, and make representations to the judge in Court.
- If the DC Attorney General decides to file a case with the court, it will be assigned to a judge who will hear the case. Within three days, the case will be assigned to a FCSSD Satellite Office where an assigned Probation Officer will be responsible for supervising the child.
- If a child is arrested and brought to courthouse before 1:00 PM, a probation officer will screen the case and submit recommendations to the Court. The Intake Office at the Moultrie Courthouse is located in room 4206. The phone number is 202-879-1298 and the supervisor is Vonda Frayer. The Office operates Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, and on Saturdays 7:30am to 3:00 pm; the office is not open on Sundays, but is open on holidays.
- If a child is arrested after 1:00 pm, he or she will be brought to the Youth Service Center for processing, a probation officer there will talk with the youth and make an assessment, set a court hearing date and make a decision to release or hold the youth. Staff in that office will submit case documents and recommendations to the Moultrie Courthouse Juvenile Intake Office the next business day.
- The Juvenile Intake Office at YSC is at 1000 Mount Olivet Road, NE. The phone number is 202-576-5174 and the supervisor is Ronald Williams. The office is staffed Monday to Friday from 3:30pm to 7:30 am, and on weekends and holidays from 3:30pm on Friday until 8:00am on Monday morning.