Court Reporting Administration Branch:processes all transcript requests and provides assistance with the cost and ordering of same. The office is located on the fifth floor of the Moultrie Courthouse -- Room 5400, 500 Indiana Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001
The Court Reporters Branch:provides verbatim reporting services to members of the judiciary. Official Court Reporters are responsible for taking approximately 75% of all proceedings at D.C. Superior Court. The remaining 25% is transcribed by the Transcription Branch.
The Transcription Branch:produces official transcripts of proceedings that were taken in the absence of an official court reporter.
Transcript Ordering Details:Cost of transcripts (per page): $3.65 for Regular Delivery (30 calendar days for non-appeal and 60 calendar days for appeal), $4.25 for Intermediate Delivery (15 calendar days), $4.85 for Expedite (7 calendar days), $5.15 for Express (3 business days) , $6.06 for Daily (9:00 am following business day), $7.25 for Hourly (Approval Required), $0.90 for Copy (Regular or Expedite Delivery) $1.20 for Copy (Daily Delivery)
- Realtime Transcript
A realtime transcript is an unedited draft produced by a CRR (Certified Realtime Reporter) as a by- product of realtime to be delivered electronically during proceedings or immediately following adjournment. Cost for realtime feed: $3.05 per page and the same copy page rate as outlined above. The $3.05 is in addition to the page rates outlined above and the delivery requested.
- All transcript orders must be placed in Room 5400 of the Moultrie Courthouse at 500 Indiana Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001.
- A deposit of one-half the estimated cost is required at the time the order is placed. Division staff will assist you in estimating the deposit amount.
- The customer will be notified that their transcript(s) have been completed via e-mail.
- In the event you have requested a hard copy and/or there is a balance due on the requested transcript(s), your transcript(s) can be picked up in Room 5400. If not, the transcript can be e-mailed to you after the outstanding balance is paid.
- Please order transcripts in a timely manner to ensure they are available for your hearing date.
- If you wish to cancel a transcript order, written notice is required, and you must pay for any portion of a transcript that was completed prior to written notice of cancellation.
- Payment in full is required before Appeal transcripts will be filed with the Court of Appeals.
For additional information on ordering transcripts, please call (202) 879-1009. Division staff will assist you.