Research and Development Division
- The Research and Development Division (R&D) conducts research, policy and management studies on court operations and administrative functions; performs grant seeking activities and monitors grants in progress for the D.C. Courts; conducts caseload audits and maintains and reports official court statistics, including the Annual Report; disseminates court information to the public; and provides technical assistance to judges and court administrators, including the development of new initiatives, program evaluations and performance assessments.
The Division's work addresses seven functional areas of responsibility:
- Resource Development;
- Data Analysis, Trend Monitoring and Reporting;
- Program Evaluation and Performance Monitoring;
- Best Practices and Other Research Studies;
- Court Information Dissemination;
- Annual Report Production;
- Special Project Management.